Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday {8}





Hey everyone and welcome to my weekly Waiting on Wednesday meme post! This is just a once a week deal where each Wednesday I post about one book I am looking forward to reading and then link it up to the host blog,
Breaking the Spine, where I can be connected to over 200 other readers and bloggers who are looking for a new read! My friend Kim from kimberlyfayereads participates in this meme each week and it has always looked like a great time. Below you will find the book cover, synopsis, Goodreads link and my reasons for waiting on this read! Enjoy!

This week's WOW is... The Witch Must Burn by Danielle Paige

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20827345-the-witch-must-burn

There’s a new Wicked Witch in Oz—and her name is Dorothy. This digital original novella is the second installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and exciting New York Times bestseller Dorothy Must Die.

Dorothy Gale is back . . . and she’s not the sweet little heroine of Oz anymore. She’s power-hungry and vicious, and she leaves a trail of destruction beneath her spike-heeled, magical shoes. But behind the scenes, there’s someone else pulling the strings. Someone who doesn’t want fame or glory—just control.

Glinda of the North brought Dorothy back to Oz for a reason. And in The Witch Must Burn, a young maid is about to discover that a witch who says she’s Good might be the most dangerous kind of Wicked.

The Witch Must Burn, by debut author Danielle Paige, is a dark and compelling reimagining of a beloved classic and is perfect for fans of Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Beastly by Alex Flinn, and Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

********************************************************************************** 
Why am I waiting?
This is such a great question, but an even better one should be 'who isn't waiting?'. I am obsessed with all things Oz. When it comes to fandoms, everyone has their thing: Harry Potter, LOTR, etc. Mine has always been, and forever will be, Oz. I have read more Oz books than you can shake a stick at. Oz in different languages, adaptations, retellings, etc. Oz it MY thing. I can recite Ozian lore to you backways and frontways until the cows come home, but until recently that ever mattered. Fir years, interest in Oz has been waning. Just when I thought I was going to lose my world, Danielle Paige EXPLODED onto the scene and changed my reading world! If you guys are regulars around here, you will know that Dorothy Must Die is one of my highest reviewed books to date. It was, as on today, my favorite book of 2014. I loved it THAT much. That being said, of course I'd be excited about more of Danielle Paige's Oz! While this isn't the second novel in the series, it's the second prequel novella which provides some amazing backstory to one of the main characters of the series: Dorothy Gale! While I may have to wait a little while longer to read more of Amy Gumm and her antics, I am thrilled to get more Oz in any way, shape, or form! All this PLUS Danielle Paige is AMAZING! Seriously, she is one great lady! If you love retellings or having your life turned upside down: READ THIS SERIES. End rant. 
********************************************************************************** 

What are YOU waiting on this week?
 
Thanks for stopping by, Happy Reading! 
-Ethan 

No comments:

Post a Comment