Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Author Invasion Author Spotlight: Liz Long


Hey readers! We're nearing the end of October (my favorite month of the year), and you know what that means!? It's almost Halloween! As most of you already know, this year Christina from Lulo Fangirl and myself are co-hosting the Halloween Author Invasion event on Facebook from October 26-30! For those of you who don't know about the event, you can find out more by clicking here.



Who all is participating? Here's our amazing guest list:


Now that you guys are all FOR SURE familiar with the Halloween Author invasion, I have a fun post for you guys. To get everyone pumped about our amazing guest list, Christina and I will be featuring Author Spotlight posts for our authors to get you excited to party alongside them next week! Each post will feature the authors bio, links, and a fun exclusive Halloween-ish interview they have granted us for the event! We are so honored to have all of these amazing authors participating in our event! Are you ready to learn a little more about our line up? Here we go!

***********************************************************************************

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT 
Liz Long

Liz Long is a ridiculously proud graduate of Longwood University with a BA in English. Her inspiration comes from action and thriller genres and she spends entirely too much time watching superhero movies. Her fabulous day job as a social media editor includes writing for a publishing company in Roanoke, VA.

Her first book, Gifted, is the first book in the Donovan Circus series. Burned is the second adventure. Her second book Witch Hearts, a story about a serial killer hunting witches for their powers, is available at Amazon on Kindle and paperback.

To learn more about Liz, visit her website: http://lizclong.com.




Find Liz Long



Guys, seriously. At this point do I even have to tell you guys about Liz Long? I think I should just rename this blog the LIZ LONG FAN DOMAIN! LOL. I seriously love EVERYTHING about Liz Long! Her books, her awesomeness, ALL OF IT. I met Liz by chance a few months ago at UtopYA 2014 in Nashville. I remember walking by her table a few times and seeing all the amazing books she had on display (let's face it, I TOTALLY judge books based on their covers). I finally built up the courage to go introduce myself and inquire about her books and I have been thanking the Gods above every day since! In the last few months Liz has become so much more than one of my favorite authors; she has become one of my closest friends in the literary world. Liz is an amazing author and one of the funniest people I know. I recruited my co-host Christina to join Team Liz a few months ago and her world EXPLODED. Seriously, I would not be having this event without Liz and owe her so much! You guys will love every second of the amazing party she will be hosting tomorrow so DON'T MISS IT! Also, Liz's newest book comes out THURSDAY and guess who may have been a beta reader? THIS GUY!! Seriously one of her best works yet! Here's some info about A Reaper Made before we get to her interview!

ReaperCoversm 


Synopsis: Grace had finally gotten used to her new afterlife as a “Made” – a Reaper who used to be human. When Made Reapers and souls begin disappearing, however, Grace and her mentor Tully suspect demons. Grace’s worst fears are confirmed when her living family is threatened. She’ll have to break every rule in the Reaper book to save them, including using a little magic to become temporarily human. With the help of Tully and her witchy friend Tessa, Grace goes undercover to save the fates of kidnapped souls – only to discover that demons aren’t working alone. Betrayal and distrust runs deep and Grace discovers that sometimes even Reapers are prone to humanity.

Halloween Spotlight Interview

What is your favorite supernatural genre (Witches, zombies, vampires, werewolves, etc) and why? 

Witches have always been my favorite, ever since I was a kid. There's something about the ability to play with and control magic that's always been fascinating for me. 

What is your favorite horror film and/or read? 

I'm not big on scary movies (do thrillers count? So going with KISS THE GIRLS or Seven with Brad Pitt if so), so I'll go with THE HAUNTING SEASON by Michelle Muto. Totally creepy!

What is your favorite Halloween costume (or your favorite that you have worn/have seen)? 

I've had a few great ones over the years, including Black Widow, Egyptian princess, and ringmaster. I'm actually very excited about my costume this year, which is Melisandre from Game of Thrones. I love any guy who can copy a Captain Sparrow costume well (a hot guy in college did it incredibly well my freshmen year and I haven't been the same since). Once, my friend who was on the heavier side at the time, painted his entire upper body red and went as the Kool-Aid Man and just kept bursting through hordes of people to shout "Oh yeah!" and that was definitely one of the more memorable costumes I've seen. 

What is your favorite Halloween candy?

I'd have to go with "anything chocolate (Kit Kat bars!)" but I do admit to eating my fair share of the Pixie Stix I've got stashed away for trick-or-treaters next week. (The blue sugar is obviously the best.) **I don't like chocolate, but I LOVE Kit Kat's, Liz I knew there was a reason we got along so well!**

What is your favorite part about Halloween? 

I'm not a big holidays person, but Halloween is probably my favorite if I had to pick. There's something about the magic of transforming yourself into someone else, just for a night, where you can be whoever you want. I've always loved seeing people's creativity in costumes.


What is your favorite Halloween memory? 

I'm probably not allowed to talk about some of my favorite Halloween college party memories, so uh, we'll go with the time in high school I threw a giant bonfire party at my house (with the help of my sorority) and half the school came out to celebrate. It was one of the few times I was really cool! Tons of kids came out, we had a great costume contest, and it was just a really good time. One of the few high school memories I remember both vividly and fondly!

***********************************************************************************

Well, what do you think? Excited to hang out with Liz Long during the Halloween Author Invasion? I know we sure are!

Liz will be taking over the event on Tuesday, October 28th!

We can't wait to see you there! Go show Liz some love and tell her you can't wait to party! Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment