Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday {11}



Hey everyone and welcome to my weekly Waiting on Wednesday meme post! This is just a once a week deal where each Wednesday I post about one book I am looking forward to reading and then link it up to the host blog,
Breaking the Spine, where I can be connected to over 200 other readers and bloggers who are looking for a new read! My friend Kim from kimberlyfayereads participates in this meme each week and it has always looked like a great time. Below you will find the book cover, synopsis, Goodreads link and my reasons for waiting on this read! Enjoy!

This week's WOW is...Wolves of the Northern Rift by Jon Messenger



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23119473-wolves-of-the-northern-rift

Magic is an abomination. It spread from the Rift, a great chasm hundreds of miles long that nearly split the southern continent in two. The Rift was a portal, a gateway between their world of science and the mythological world of magic.

On the northern continent of Ocker, King Godwin declared that no magical monstrosity would be allowed within their borders. The Royal Inquisitors were formed to investigate reports of mystical occurrences and, should they be found, to destroy them.

Inquisitor Simon Whitlock knows his responsibilities all too well. Along with the apothecary, Luthor Strong, they’ve spent two years inquiring into such reports of magical abominations, though they’ve discovered far more charlatans than true magical creatures. When assigned to investigate Haversham and its reports of werewolves, Simon remains unconvinced that the rumors are true. What he discovers in the frozen little hamlet is that the werewolves are far more real than he believed; yet they’re hardly the most dangerous monster in the city.


Coming March 15th 2015 by Crimson Tree Publishing  

********************************************************************************** 
Why am I waiting?
 
As some of you may remember, a few months back I reviewed Jon Messenger's The World Aflame series. At first I didn't care too much for it, but it quickly grew on me. Now it's one of my favorite series I have read this year. Crazy how that happens, huh? After following Messenger on Facebook and Twitter, I became involved with his AMAZING publishing company, Crimson Tree Publishing. In the past few months I have worked closely with CTP in promoting all of their authors, but it was Messenger who got me involved. A few months ago, I received an ARC of this read, and while I haven't had the time to read it yet, I am SO PUMPED to devour it. I am currently OBSESSED with all things steampunk, so this sounds like a great read. Combined with Jon Messengers' amazing storytelling abilities? What's not the love? I am definitely excited about this read and high encourage you to check it out! Also, I'm on a bit of a fantasy kick so this read? Right up my alley! I am sure you will all be hearing more about this read form me in the coming months!
********************************************************************************** 
 
What are YOU waiting on this week?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, Happy Reading! 
-Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cover and blurb. Looks like an interesting, adventurous story.

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete