Thursday, October 9, 2014

Carnival Nights (Carnival #1.5) by K.B. Nelson Review

Hey readers! Happy Thursday! Got a fun post for you guys tonight, a review for an awesome new novella! This time on the chopping block? Carnival Nights, the sequel novella to one of my favorite reads of the year, Carnival, by the amazing K.B. Nelson! Before we get to my thoughts, here's some info about the book and our author!

“Happy Birthday, Charlie Scott...”

This is definitely not how Charlie thought she'd be spending her nineteenth birthday; bunking with her fugitive lover in a cheap hotel room. But he's got a surprise for her...

Blue knows two things: he's the luckiest guy in the world, and she'd be better off if she never met him. He blames himself for the life she was forced to leave behind, but tonight he's planned her a birthday party that she'll never forget.

With one foot on the pedal, it's only a matter of time before they find themselves on the run again. But for now, even if it's only for one night, they'll set everything else aside and party amongst a sea of neon lights.

"One night can change everything”


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22909642-carnival-nights

Also, can I add a side note that says that event though these are NA Romances, I freaking LOVE the covers of this series?! Go KB Nelson!

 K.B. Nelson



I grew up on a farm in Ohio, but that's not very interesting, is it? When I'm not writing you can find me doing one of two things; getting lost on highways or getting lost in the lives of fictional characters. If my heart had two feet, one foot would be in romance and the other solidly in geekdom. I hope you'll all follow me on my journey through this carnival they call life. I promise there will be a happy ending.



 

Find K.B. Nelson






***********************************************************************************
My Thoughts 



As some of you guys may remember, a few months ago I has the great pleasure of reviewing Carnival for our author, KB Nelson. I was a little hesitant to start that read, but I was (am still am) on a huge carnival/circus kick. I remember that I stayed up all night one night and read Carnival from cover to cover. I had no idea what I was getting into, so I definitely did not expect for it to become one of my favorite reads of 2014! 

Since connecting with KB Nelson and reviewing Carnival, I have had the awesome opportunity to work closely with KB Nelson through her development of this series. A few months ago she approached her “Carnies” with the notion of writing a novella to bridge the gap between books one and two. I was totally on board for the idea. So… here we are just a few short months later and Nelson has already supplied us with an amazing novella to chronicle another short adventure in the story of Charlie and Blue! 

Carnival Nights picks up shortly after our huge ending in Carnival. Our story feature Blue and Charlie settling down into life in the Carnival, while dealing with Charlie’s emotional distress from her sudden life change. This story is a short one. Roughly 70 pages. You guys will fly through this one. 

For such a short read, there really isn’t too much I can say without spoiling it, but if you were a fan of Carnival, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the little story that KB Nelson has given us! It’s full of some amazing character development and some great emotions. It was a quick, refreshing read for me! KB Nelson has an amazing writing voice that really weaves a great story. You’re never left unsatisfied when she is at the helm! 

I’m so conflicted with what I can say about Carnival Nights because it’s SO short that I don’t want to spoil anything. I’ll just tell you that I had over 20 highlighted passages from some amazing lines of dialogue and thoughts from our two main characters. Seriously guys, one of the best novellas I have read. I can’t really say with absolute certainty, but I am fairly positive that if you want to keep up with the series, you are going to want to read this novella. 

All-in-all, I am granting Carnival Nights by KB Nelson a well-deserved 5 star review! I don’t know about you guys, but I am PUMPED to read the next book in the series! 
***********************************************************************************

Click the cover below to purchase your copy of Carnival Nights for only $0.99! 
http://www.amazon.com/Carnival-Nights-2-K-B-Nelson-ebook/dp/B00O93H17E/ref=la_B00LIILKMA_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412714951&sr=1-2
 


Alright readers. That's all I have for you on the topic of Carnival Nights by K.B. Nelson! Thank you so much for stopping by! If you like what you read, let me know about it in the comments below. I love connecting with fellow readers and would love to hear some thoughts on this new read from others who enjoyed it! Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

2 comments: