Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Halloween Author Invasion Author Spotlight: Julie Wetzel


Hey readers! We're nearing the end of October (my favorite month of the year), and you know what that means!? It's almost Halloween! As most of you already know, this year Christina from Lulo Fangirl and myself are co-hosting the Halloween Author Invasion event on Facebook from October 26-30! For those of you who don't know about the event, you can find out more by clicking here.



Who all is participating? Here's our amazing guest list:


Now that you guys are all FOR SURE familiar with the Halloween Author invasion, I have a fun post for you guys. To get everyone pumped about our amazing guest list, Christina and I will be featuring Author Spotlight posts for our authors to get you excited to party alongside them next week! Each post will feature the authors bio, links, and a fun exclusive Halloween-ish interview they have granted us for the event! We are so honored to have all of these amazing authors participating in our event! Are you ready to learn a little more about our line up? Here we go!

***********************************************************************************

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT 
Julie Wetzel



Originally from Ohio, Julie always dreamed of a job in science. Either shooting for the stars or delving into the mysteries of volcanoes. But, life never leads where you expect. In 2007, she moved to Mississippi to be with her significant other.

Now a mother of a hyperactive red headed boy, what time she’s not chasing down dirty socks and unsticking toys from the ceiling is spent crafting worlds readers can get lost it. Julie is a self-proclaimed bibliophile and lover of big words. She likes hiking, frogs, interesting earrings, and a plethora of other fun things.

FIND JULIE WETZEL

Mrs. Julie comes to us from the absolutely amazing team over at Clean Teen/Crimson Tree Publishing. We are so excited and honored to have her participate in this event! Here is what Mrs. Julie had to say on the subject of Halloween!


Halloween Spotlight Interview

What is your favorite supernatural genre (Witches, zombies, vampires, werewolves, etc) and why?

It’s hard to just pick one supernatural genre; there are so many good things about all of them. I am partial to vampires, both the romantic kind and the monsters, in my books. Although anything with tentacles (Zak, Cthulhu, cephalopods, etc) hold a special place in my heart.


What is your favorite horror film and/or read?


I don’t read or watch too much horror. It keeps me up at night. But I do like John Carpenter’s movies. Vampires is one of my favorites to play this time of year.


What is your favorite Halloween costume (or your favorite that you have worn/have seen)?

I once saw this guy dress his dog up as a spider. Scared the daylights out of me. But for human costumes, I found this picture of a baby dressed as a lobster in a stock pot. Cracked me up. If my son had been just a little younger I would have boiled him for Halloween.


What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Chocolate! If that chocolate is on Butterfingers, even better, or candy corn. I can put away a bag of candy corn by myself.


What is your favorite part about Halloween?
 

My favorite part of Halloween… All of it. The dressing up, the scaring, the parties, the candy. You just can’t go wrong with a holiday that celebrated the dark side of life. It also gives me a time to wear my skeleton and bat earring where people aren’t looking at me funny. They don’t go over so well when you wear them at Christmas or during the summer.  

What is your favorite Halloween memory? 

In 1999, I went on a trip to England, Ireland, and Scotland with my college. We spent Halloween in Inverness Scotland. Took a boat out on Loch Ness, took a ghost tour of the city, and then spent part of the night roaming around an old cemetery. Got some of the most amazing pictures in the graveyard. They were full of little white dots and streaks. It was the most fun I’ve ever had on Halloween.

***********************************************************************************

Well, what do you think? Excited to hang out with Julie Wetzel during the Halloween Author Invasion? I know we sure are!

Julie will be taking over the event on Monday, October 27th! 

We can't wait to see you there! Go show Mrs. Julie some love and tell her you can't wait to party! Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I'm looking forwards to hanging out on Monday!

    ReplyDelete