Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 14 of 2014: Top 14 Books of 2014


Hey everyone! First off Happy Holidays! Second, 2014 is coming to a close and a few of my favorite bloggers are ending this year on a high note with their very own "Top 14 of 2014" blog series! Each day from now until New Years, a host of bloggers will be posting their "Top 14" answers to the following questions:


Sounds exciting, right?

As you can see, today's topic is "Top 14 in 2014". This one was my most difficult category so far. Forreal you guys. This year has been FULL of amazing reads. I am extremely nervous to share this list with you because it really was hard to pick just 14 books out of all of the books I read in 2014. Seriously difficult! 

I present to you: my 'Top 14 Books in 2014"...

*Note: for this particular post, each book must have been published in 2014. I will be doing a separate post to recognize the reads that weren't

*Click each book's/series' title to be taken to its' Goodreads page.

*********************************************************************************

While most of these will not be in any particular order, I would like to recognize the following five novels as they truly were my Top Reads of 2014. Rather than pick one favorite, I have divided them into categories. Also included are five very short notes to the authors, congratulating them in my own personal way:

Top New Adult Book of 2014: The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons
Heather- I know I've told you this one million times, but I seriously don't think TCS could have been better written if you tried. Each and every literary nod made my heart soar. Thank you for TCS, it was everything I hoped it would be, and so much more. I've gained so much more than a favorite read from TCS, I gained you as an awesome friend!

Top Young Adult Book of 2014: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
Danielle- Words will never describe how much this story meant to me. I have told you time and time again that I believed Oz was really coming to an end. My life was completely changed when you came into it. Thank you so much for DMD, for bringing Oz to life for a whole new generation of readers. You are the reigning Queen of Oz, my dear. Ozspeed in 2015!

Top Fantasy Book of 2014: Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire
Mr. Maguire- I'm sure you have no idea who I am, but I can assure you that you have no bigger fan than me. Your works have been the single most influential on my life and it is no secret that you are, in fact, my all time favorite author. Every time you put ink to paper, magic happens. Thank you so much for giving Baba Yaga a whole new chance to shine. I will never look at Russian culture the same way again.

Top Romance Book of 2014: Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine
Chelsea- I don't even like romance and you broke me. Seriously. Thank you so much for everything you did this year. Archers may have opened my eyes to you, but BKOB sealed your fate as one of my all time favorites. Between your beautiful words and even more beautiful personality, you made my 2014 amazing. BKOB deserves each and every accolade that it receives. I hope you know how special it is! P.S. I still love your guts!

Top Series of 2014: Mortal Enchantment by Stacey O'Neale
Stacey- I never would have thought when I picked up TSP way back when that my life would have changed in the way it has. Over the past several months I have gotten so much more out of this series than three great reads. I've made many memories with you and am so proud to call you a friend. It has been such an honor to promote you and this incredible debut series. I am beyond thrilled to bestow upon it the title of my favorite series of 2014!

Some of those may have been able to mix and match categories, but in order to find a way to make sure each of them were properly recognized as a "Top" favorite of mine, I wanted to make that distinction. With that being said, the rest of my list is composed of the remaining 9 novels that I thought were absolutely superb and rounded out my "Top 14 of 2014" list!





Honorable Mentions: 
These book were truly phenomenal and were just shy of making my 'Top 14 List"!



           









*********************************************************************************

Alright guys, there you have it. My Top 14 Books of 2015 (plus some honorable mentions)! Did your favorite make the cut? Let me know in the comments below! I'm sure I could list about 14 more so if a book didn't make the cut, don't worry, I'm sure I loved it! I know many of these authors outside of the book world and they have become incredible friends as well. All of these authors have already proven to be very special to me, I cannot wait to see what they come up with for 2015 and beyond!

Head on over to the hosts' blogs to see their awesome posts as well:
Kim @ KimberlyFaye Reads | Krista @ Krista's Dust Jacket | Jessica @ A Midsummer Nights Read

Until 2015, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ethan!!! Great post and I'm a fan of Heather Lyons and I totally plan on reading TCS once I get my act together! You have a number of books on here that I want to read...so I hope to ring in the new year with lots of one-clicking and prepping my kindle for non-stop reading! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete