Friday, December 12, 2014

Faithless (Part 2) by KB Nelson Review

Hey all and Happy Friday! Hope you are all gearing up for an amazing weekend. I know lots of my readers love the romance genre so I wanted to be sure to get this review out to the masses! This time on the chopping block? Faithless (Part 2) by KB Nelson! You guys may remember KB Nelson as the author behind Carnival, one of my favorite reads of this year! Here's a bit about Faithless (part 2) and our author before we get to my thoughts:


Faithless Serial (Part 2) by K.B. Nelson
Publication date:
December 2014
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance



She's a stripper. He's a preacher. Her name's Faith, and he's been faithless since the day she went away.

Faith Richards knows she'll never be able to outrun her demons, but she's not looking for absolution. She's looking for release. When she's forced to return home by circumstances she'd rather not discuss, she runs straight to Noah. The only boy that could ever make her feel alive. The only boy who ever truly broke her heart. The only boy who could possibly save her from herself.

But Noah isn't a boy anymore...

Noah Parker is a man torn, fighting to understand his place in this world after his latest run-in with tragedy. Everyone he's ever loved has left him, either on a greyhound bus or in a casket. He no longer believes the words he preaches and his life hangs in the balance of honesty. Reuniting with Faith might be the only thing that can save him, but based on their tumultuous history, it's more than likely it'll destroy him.

Faithless is the story of two broken people searching for the impossible: a love strong enough to put the pieces of their broken hearts back together. Their romance is forbidden. Their love is undeniable. Their lives hang in the balance. And when their world begins to burn to the ground, they'll be faced with one impossible decision: can they live with who they've become?


Release Dates:
Part One - December 7th
Part Two - December 15th
Part Three - January 4th
Get your copy now for only $0.99 on Amazon!

 K.B. Nelson



I grew up on a farm in Ohio, but that's not very interesting, is it? When I'm not writing you can find me doing one of two things; getting lost on highways or getting lost in the lives of fictional characters. If my heart had two feet, one foot would be in romance and the other solidly in geekdom. I hope you'll all follow me on my journey through this carnival they call life. I promise there will be a happy ending. 



 


Find K.B. Nelson




***********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:

So if you guys have been following this series, you probably saw my review of part one the other day. I know part two isn't releasing for a few more days, but I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC and couldn't wait to devour it. While I could probably wait to share my thoughts, I have to get them down for you guys!

Part 2. GAH. Seriously. Do you like angst? Suspense? And so many emotions you could burst? Part two is for you. No seriously stop what you are doing and read this serial. Just when I thought we couldn't get any further 'off the rails', Nelson throws a number of huge curve balls at the reader. I was not expecting the direction that this serial took. And honestly? I loved every second of it.

The second installment of this serial featured exactly what I wanted: a whole bunch more back story. In part two we learn why Faith had to leave Old Town and the implications behind all of her decisions. I am almost to the point where I want to read a novel solely about Faith's life over the course of the four years she was gone. Faith is awesome. The character development that she displays just over the course of this sixty pages is nothing short of astounding. While Noah and Luke definitely had their moments, Faith really came into her own during this one and it really helped with both the pacing and the plot. I'm not sure who Nelson was channeling when she wrote Faith, but woah: what a character!

I wont spoil anything here, but when I found out this was a story about the relationship between a stripper and a preacher only one thought came to mind: something particular HAS to happen. Oh and hey, guess what? It did. And it was glorious! Seriously, KB Nelson took a scene that I wasn't sure would even work and turned it into something that I am not sure any other author could have executed as beautifully. KB Nelson, kudos to you. Add this one to your highlight reel! After you guys read the second installment, you will definitely be able to tell what scene I am referring to!

What was I expecting in the second part of this serial? Honestly I had no idea, but I do know I was blown away. I'm not even kidding when I say 'wow'. KB Nelson has done it again! A well deserved 5-star review here! I don't know about you guys but after that ending, I will definitely be anxiously awaiting the final portion to our story!  
***********************************************************************************

Alright folks, that's all I have for you on the topic of Faithless part 2 by KB Nelson! All you guys who loved part one will definitely fall in love with part two! Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment