Sunday, December 7, 2014

Faithless (Part 1) by KB Nelson Review

Hey all and Happy Sunday! Just wanted to post a quick review of a new serial I recently checked out. I know lots of my readers love the romance genre so I wanted to be sure to get this review out to the masses! This time on the chopping block? Faithless by KB Nelson! You guys may remember KB Nelson as the author behind Carnival, one of my favorite reads of this year! Here's a bit about Faithless and our author before we get to my thoughts: 

Faithless Serial (Part 1) by K.B. Nelson
Publication date:
December 2014
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance


She's a stripper. He's a preacher. Her name's Faith, and he's been faithless since the day she went away.

Faith Richards knows she'll never be able to outrun her demons, but she's not looking for absolution. She's looking for release. When she's forced to return home by circumstances she'd rather not discuss, she runs straight to Noah. The only boy that could ever make her feel alive. The only boy who ever truly broke her heart. The only boy who could possibly save her from herself.

But Noah isn't a boy anymore...

Noah Parker is a man torn, fighting to understand his place in this world after his latest run-in with tragedy. Everyone he's ever loved has left him, either on a greyhound bus or in a casket. He no longer believes the words he preaches and his life hangs in the balance of honesty. Reuniting with Faith might be the only thing that can save him, but based on their tumultuous history, it's more than likely it'll destroy him.

Faithless is the story of two broken people searching for the impossible: a love strong enough to put the pieces of their broken hearts back together. Their romance is forbidden. Their love is undeniable. Their lives hang in the balance. And when their world begins to burn to the ground, they'll be faced with one impossible decision: can they live with who they've become?

Release Dates:
Part One - December 7th
Part Two - December 21st
Part Three - January 4th
Get your copy now for only $0.99 on Amazon!
 K.B. Nelson



I grew up on a farm in Ohio, but that's not very interesting, is it? When I'm not writing you can find me doing one of two things; getting lost on highways or getting lost in the lives of fictional characters. If my heart had two feet, one foot would be in romance and the other solidly in geekdom. I hope you'll all follow me on my journey through this carnival they call life. I promise there will be a happy ending. 



 


Find K.B. Nelson




***********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:

I’ll be completely honest here when I say that I have never read a serial before. I wasn’t completely sure what to expect and I’m still not entirely sure I understand the entire concept. I do, however, like the idea of getting to reconnect with great characters and a gripping storyline multiple times. In that breath, I’m glad I found Faithless. For the millionth time I will say that I don’t generally care for romance. I just don’t. I’m a guy who is way more into the fantasy, butt-kicking fiction genre than the sappy romance thing any day of the week. But what about when the romance isn’t sappy? What about when the romance really isn’t a romance? What about when the romance is a gripping story of a stripper’s search for peace and redemption and a preacher’s search for Faith? Yeah, I can try that one.

Faithless is unlike anything I have ever read, I will be completely honest. If it had not been for my being a huge fan of the works of KB Nelson, there is a great chance that Faithless would have never crossed my path. Like I said, I don’t actively go seeking romance novels, they just have nice habit of falling into my lap!

Clocking it at just shy of 70 pages in my edition, Faithless is a very quick read. In this first part in a three part serial, we are introduced to the characters of Faith, Noah, and Luke through both flashbacks to their heartbreaking past and a present where there is definitely more going on that meets the eye.

Faith, our female MC, definitely has some issues to sort out. She’s finally returned home after a long absence and has learned that things are definitely not as she left them. I can’t say hardly anything without giving away the plot lines, but Faith’s journey is definitely proving to be an interesting one. As for Noah and Luke? They are great characters who I cannot wait to see more of in the second and third installments. There is definitely something to this story, I can’t wait to see how it all unravels!

I’ll be the first to admit that when I found out this was the story of a preacher and a stripper and their subsequent romantic conquest, I was extremely hesitant. That whole notion just sounds… wrong. After reading and loving Carnival earlier this year, I knew If any author could weave this story, it would be KB Nelson!

In a genre full of unrealistic romance, KB Nelson really sets the bar high with Faithless. Nobody ever said love was easy, but Faith Richards redefines meaning of the word. From lust to heartbreak, FAITHLESS will definitely leaving you wanting more! A well deserved 4.5-star review here! I know I will be checking out the next two installments, for sure!   
***********************************************************************************

Alright folks, that's all I have for you on the topic of Faithless part 1 by KB Nelson! Already checked it out? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment