Monday, December 1, 2014

Book GIRLFRIENDS from A-Z (The Male Edition)



Alright people, it's time to get real up in here. I've been seeing all these "Book Boyfriend A-Z" posts and they're making me sick. Where are all the awesomely awesome ladies of the book world? I don't know about you guys, but I have a huge crush on some female book characters! Nothing is better than a smart, strong, intelligent, and gorgeous literary heroine, am I right? Join me as I list MY "Book GIRLFRIENDS A-Z". Don't see your favorite? Help me fill in the list by commenting below!

*********************************************************************************

A- Amy Gumm (Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige); Alexandria Andros (Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout); Alice Liddell (The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons); Andi Alpers (Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly); Avery Pike (The Periodic Series by Megan Curd)

B- Beatrice (Tris) Prior (Divergent by Veronica Roth);

C- Claire Cooper (The Devil's Assistant by HD Smith), Charlie Scott (Carnival by KB Nelson); Clementine Dracone (The Sophisticates by Christine Manzari)

D- Dallas Cole (All Lined Up by Cora Carmack)

E- Elphaba Thropp (Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire); Evangeline (Causal Enchantment by KA Tucker)

F- Freya Beauchamp (The Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz)

G- Galinda Arduenna Upland (The Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire/The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum); Grace Reynolds (A Reaper Made by Liz Long)

H- Hazel Grace Lancaster (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green)

I- Ivy Grace (Ivy Grace Spell series by TA Foster)

J- Julie Grigio (Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion)

K- Kalin Matthews (Mortal Enchantment by Stacey O'Neale)

L- Lucy Sullivan (Donovan Circus by Liz Long); Layla (The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout); Leena Williams (The New Mrs. Collins by Quanie Miller); Lena Duchannes (The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl)

M- Mia Ryan 'Cash' (100 Days in Deadland by Rachel Aukes); Marlena (Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen)

N- Nurrin Sanders (The World Without End by Nazarea Andrews)

O- Olivia Miller (Descent by Kallie Ross); Ozandria 'Rain' Thropp (Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire)

P- 'Pixie' Marshall (Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine); Pam Ravenscroft (The Southern Vampire Mystery Novels by Charlaine Harris)

Q- Quinby Dracone (The Sophisticates by Christine Manzari)

R- Ruby Jackson (Witch Hearts by Liz Long); Ridley Duchannes (The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl) 

S- Scarlet Jacobs (The Archers of Avalon by Chelsea Fine); Sookie Stackhouse (The Southern Vampire Mystery Novels by Charlaine Harris); Sammy (The World Aflame by Jon Messenger); Sophie Nouveau (Voodoo Butterfly by Camille Faye); Sofie (Causal Enchantment by KA Tucker)

T- Teresa (The Maze Runner by James Dashner); Tempe Brennan (Tempe Brennan series by Kathy Reich)

U
V
W
X
Y
Z- Zelda (as in Princess of Hyrule) [May not be literary, but I've definitely read enough fanfiction]

*********************************************************************************

Alright, what did you guys think? Where did you're favorites fall? I know there are more of us out there who love to read about the ladies of the literary world. Tell me your favorites! I got over 20 of the letters without resorting to Google, I think I did pretty great! Haha! I'm sure more will come to me and I'll add them at that time!

I am tagging/challenging Christina from LuLo Fangirl, Kim from Kimberlyfaye Reads, Christine from iHeartBigBooks, Betsy from Book Drunk Blog, Kaitlan from Between Order and Randomness, and Stephanie from Smart and Savvy with Steph to post their A-Z!

Want to play? Post the link to yours in the comments! Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for including Kalin on your list! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Way to give the girls some love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I awesome! And I accept this challenge! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accept your challenge, my wonderful hubs! My post is coming soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You have impeccable taste in women, Ethan! Thanks so much for showing some love and featuring Leena on your list! This sounds like a terrific challenge, by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this list and the spin you did on it. You do have a very good taste in my opinion. :3

    ReplyDelete