Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday {31}


Hey everyone and welcome to my weekly Waiting on Wednesday meme post! This is just a once a week deal where each Wednesday I post about one book I am looking forward to reading and then link it up to the host blog, Breaking the Spine, where I can be connected to over 200 other readers and bloggers who are looking for a new read! My friend Kim from kimberlyfayereads participates in this meme each week and it has always looked like a great time. Below you will find the book cover, synopsis, Goodreads link and my reasons for waiting on this read! Enjoy!

This week's WOW is... Earth God by Jon Messenger!


Title: Earth God (World Aflame #4)
Author: Jon Messenger
Genre: New Adult/Adventure/Fantasy
Release Date: May 25, 2015

ebook - earth god 4


THE EARTH GIVES WAY TO THE SEA,
THE SEA BOWS BEFORE THE WIND,
THE WIND FEEDS THE FLAME,
THE FLAME BURNS THE WORLD OF MAN DOWN TO THE EARTH.

The Fire Elemental has risen and its followers, the Fire Caste, have destroyed the planet. Humanity hangs on the cusp of extinction; their only hope now lies with the troubled Wind Warrior, Xander Sirocco.
Xander has absorbed the power of the Wind and Water Elementals but at great personal cost. Finding Sammy has been his anchor through the chaos around him, but now he finds himself wondering if saving her is enough.
Sammy remains a prisoner of the Fire Elemental, her mind trapped, as the dragon possesses her body. Her love for Xander keeps her going, but will her passion be enough to stop the Elemental from killing Xander once and for all?
Humanity's last hope rests in Xander finding the Earth Elemental. Claiming the power of the Earth is the last step before he can confront the dragon holding Sammy hostage. Unfortunately, he's not the only one who knows the location of the Earth Elemental.
It's a race against time between Xander and the dragon to claim the last of the Elemental power and bring an end to a war that's spanned millennia.

Earth God is the exciting conclusion to the bestselling and award-winning World Aflame series.

*********************************************************************************
Why am I waiting?

Some of you may remember last summer when I was introduced to a new author with a big story to tell. After downloading Wind Warrior, I was hooked. I devoured the first three novels in the series in no time and I've been patiently waiting for this final installment every since. Jon Messenger very quickly became one of my new favorite authors. As any of you who read my blog regularly know, as a male reader, I like seeking out male authors. I haven't found many that have written book I've cared for, but Messenger is near the top of my list. His character development is amazing, his action is spot on, and the feels? Oh yeah. He can bring those too. Any fans of paranormal, elemental, or coming of age stories will absolutely love this series. It's an extremely bittersweet feeling to see this series come to a close! It's been a wild wide and I cannot wait to see how Messenger wraps this one up! What are you waiting for people? Add this one to your TBR ASAP! I'll be reviewing this one in the coming weeks so be on the lookout!
*********************************************************************************

What are YOU waiting on this week?



Thanks for stopping by, Happy Reading! 


-Ethan


Hey friends! In case you missed my big announcement last week, I have some absolutely incredible news! I am honored to announce that One Guy's Guide to Good Reads was nominated for Best Blog of the Year at UtopYA! The UtopYA Awards honor the best of the best within the literary world and I am beyond blessed to be up for consideration. Nobody is quite sure how my name got thrown up in there, so.... I encourage everyone to go vote before they realize the error ;)

Also, while you are there, cast your votes for some of my all-time favorite authors! If you have questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message! Voting is open until Thursday 5/21! Don't forget to vote! Share with your friends and get the word out! There are some incredible nominees this year and I cannot wait to see who walks home with an award!

I cannot thank you all enough for your constant support over the past year! God Bless and Happy Reading (and Voting)!





**Follow the link below to cast your vote**

3 comments:

  1. This one sounds pretty interesting! I'm not a huge fan of the cover, but the synopsis has me intrigued. Great pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a very good intense ending to the series. I don't know this series, but that can be fixed very quickly.
    ...and Congrats! Enjoy the ride.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earth God sounds amazing! I need to read this series! I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete