Sunday, May 17, 2015

Book World: Behind the Scenes Submissions Now Open


Hey Readers, Ethan here with some exciting news!

I am starting a new blog series, Book World: Behind the Scenes!

Getting a book from a word document and onto the shelves at your local bookstore takes a lot of work and, often, a small army to do it. Many believe that the authors are the only rockstars in the business. After over a year of blogging, I've learned that this simply isn't true. There is an entire community of 'unsung heroes' doing the hard work behind the scenes to get the book ready for our hands!

In this series, I'm honoring those awesome unsung heroes.

Book World: Behind the Scenes will be a weekly post (day is TBD) that will spotlight one awesome individual from the book world. I will not only be spotlighting that person, but also conducting a one-on-one interview with them covering an array of topics such as the current state of the book world, trends they are seeing, and some information about their background in the field.

At this time I am looking for awesome individuals that would be interested in participating!

Here's what I'm looking for:

  • Agents
  • Publicists
  • Publishers
  • Cover Designers
  • Personal Assistants
  • Editors
  • Booksellers

Are you an author? Do you work with an incredible someone who holds a career in one of the above fields? Are you a blogger who has worked with one? I want to honor those awesome people!


I already have a handful of interested parties lined up, but I'd like to add more! If you would like to nominate someone for a spotlight, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Interested parties are encouraged to fill out the Goodle Doc by clicking here or to contact me (Ethan) directly by shooting an email to OneGuysGuidetoGoodReads@gmail.com.

Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YGWFHnUYU2FZ3CnqKU70pmuKk4JaNxKB8CugxHZTn_4/viewform?usp=send_form

I think this is an incredible opportunity to show readers and the rest of the bookish community just how much work goes into making a book successful! Let's give those unsung heroes a moment in the spotlight!

At this time I am not opening this up to authors who may be performing these duties independently. While I hold great respect for authors that wear many hats, at this time I am looking for the 'Behind the Scenes' heroes to spotlight. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to comment below or shoot me an email. I look forward to working with some awesome people on this project!

Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment