Saturday, January 10, 2015

Faithless (Part 3) by KB Nelson Review

Hey all and Happy Saturday! Hope you are all having an amazing weekend. I know lots of my readers love the romance genre so I wanted to be sure to get this review out to the masses! This time on the chopping block? Faithless (Part 3) by KB Nelson! You guys may remember KB Nelson as the author behind Carnival, one of my favorite reads of 2014! Here's a bit about Faithless (part 3) and our author before we get to my thoughts:


Faithless Serial (Part 3) by K.B. Nelson
Publication date: 
January 2015
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance



She's a stripper. He's a preacher. Her name's Faith, and he's been faithless since the day she went away. 

Faith Richards knows she'll never be able to outrun her demons, but she's not looking for absolution. She's looking for release. When she's forced to return home by circumstances she'd rather not discuss, she runs straight to Noah. The only boy that could ever make her feel alive. The only boy who ever truly broke her heart. The only boy who could possibly save her from herself.

But Noah isn't a boy anymore... 

Noah Parker is a man torn, fighting to understand his place in this world after his latest run-in with tragedy. Everyone he's ever loved has left him, either on a greyhound bus or in a casket. He no longer believes the words he preaches and his life hangs in the balance of honesty. Reuniting with Faith might be the only thing that can save him, but based on their tumultuous history, it's more than likely it'll destroy him.

Faithless is the story of two broken people searching for the impossible: a love strong enough to put the pieces of their broken hearts back together. Their romance is forbidden. Their love is undeniable. Their lives hang in the balance. And when their world begins to burn to the ground, they'll be faced with one impossible decision: can they live with who they've become?



Release Dates:
Part One - December 7th
Part Two - December 15th
Part Three - January 4th
Get your copy now for only $0.99 on Amazon!
 K.B. Nelson



I grew up on a farm in Ohio, but that's not very interesting, is it? When I'm not writing you can find me doing one of two things; getting lost on highways or getting lost in the lives of fictional characters. If my heart had two feet, one foot would be in romance and the other solidly in geekdom. I hope you'll all follow me on my journey through this carnival they call life. I promise there will be a happy ending. 



 


Find K.B. Nelson




***********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:

Well, here we are. In just one short month, KB Nelson has delivered to us a completed serial full of romance, angst, and tension so thick you need a knife to get through it. Now that it's over what can we say? Well. It's over. That much is for sure. I really wasn't sure what to expect from this final part of Faithless. Any fan of KB Nelson will straight up tell you to always expect the unexpected. Even I wasn't expecting how this one would end.

I actually really liked the way that Faithless ends. Although I will say with honesty that the finale actually creates more questions than it could ever hope to answer. It left me with this hollow pit in my stomach. Was it sadness? Happiness? I'm not entirely sure. I know this review isn't really answering any questions, but I will just openly tell you that this serial isn't one that words will ever do a great job of explaining. You have to read it to get the full effect.

It's pretty well known at this point that I do not really care for romance novels generally. Faithless has proven to be one of those exceptions because of just how unique it is. There isn't any 'love at first sight', there's no 'unreal' aspect to the story. But how believable is it? In my opinion it is and it isn't, but that isn't up for debate here. Everything that happens in this story will speak differently to each reader.

As with any book I read, there are things that worked, and things that didn't with this story. This was the first serial I have read and I think there is serious potential in the future of serials. I do have to say, I would much prefer a full novel though. In a serial you really just do not get the character development that I like to see in the novels that I read. That being said, there is so much I would have liked to learn about Faith and Luke/Noah in this series that I just didn't seen. I know there is only so much you can get out of a three part serial, but I was constantly left wanting more. 

In the end, I was really glad to see Faithless have a much deserved, completed story line. Our story really comes full circle and leaves you with the knowledge that all of our actions have consequences. Not only on our lives, but also on the lives of those who surround us. That being said, I am granting Faithless (Part 3) a well deserved 4-star review! While I thoroughly enjoyed this series, I know it will not be for everyone. Take not that this novel has strong language, and extremely adult situations. I'm sure that if you are a fan of dark romances, this is the read for you!

***********************************************************************************

Alright folks, that's all I have for you on the topic of Faithless part 3 by KB Nelson! All you guys who loved parts one and two will definitely fall in love with part three! Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment