Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wednesdays with #InternEthan {Week 1}



**REPOSTED FROM FACEBOOK**

Alright everyone I have an announcement to make. I have been keeping this under the radar waiting for the right moment to make it "FBO" but people are starting to find out so I guess it's time to let the world know! As many of you know, I am the site administrator of my own book review website, One Guy's Guide to Good Reads. I have been at this gig for close to eight months now where my life has been completely transformed. I was told for 4 years at Missouri State to "follow my passion" and I would "find my place". I never would have imagined that would come true. While I have several passions, I have found, without doubt, that my truest passion lies within literature. Over the past few months I have been searching for a way to make my love of reading into a career via numerous avenues. I finally got my big break a couple of weeks ago guys. A few of you already know this, but those of you who don't here goes!

As of last week I have been selected as a Literary Intern at the Corvisiero Literary Agency under the guidance of Mrs. Sarah Negovetich! Yes, you read that right, ETHAN IS A LITERARY INTERN! My dreams are coming true folks! While I don't know where this will lead me, I know I am more excited about it than I can say. Mrs. Sarah and the rest of#TeamCorvisiero have been so awesome in welcoming me to the family. Over the course of the foreseeable future, I will be working closely with Sarah and learning the ins and outs of the literary world. Who knows what may happen? It's my goal to work with Sarah to find the "next big thing" in the book world! I know we can do it, she's already shown me some pretty amazing things! I'm still wrapping my mind around all this, but I know my future has taken a step in the right direction!

Before you ask, I will not be moving or going anywhere. I will continue to work my current job and will do this internship remotely on my down time, just as I have the blog. That being said, my blogging will also not be affected by this new position. I will continue to work closely with all my author friends to bring you all the latest and greatest in the books world! Before everyone headed off for their Thanksgiving festivities I just wanted to share with you all one of the many, many new things I have to be thankful for in 2014. I am so honored to have been granted such an incredible opportunity.

I have so many people to thank for this. I just can't list them all here. Special shout outs go to each and every one of you who have helped to make my blog the success it is today. Every morning I wake up and am blown away the the number of page views and comments I receive. To every reader, fellow blogger (The Safe Space too!), and author who has taken a chance on me and my blog: Thank you. From the bottom of my heart! I could have never done any of this without all of your support. Also a special shout out to my 'support staff' for helping me out with all blog-related things. Seriously, thank you to everyone who is helping me achieve my dreams! Also HUGE thanks to Sarah and the team at Corvisiero for taking a chance on me!

I am posting this picture so you guys can see I'm not making this up! They are in the process of updating their website and after its' finished I'll have my own page with my bio and contact info! Woohoo! Seriously, this has been one INCREDIBLE experience and I cannot wait to see where my blogging takes me next!




*********************************************************************************

Week One Recap:
  • This week I had my first official phone conversation with Sarah. Such an awesome lady and I cannot wait to get this business started! Sarah taught me all about the Corvisiero and what is expected out of their interns! She also introduced me to the query box which may or may not have scared me to death.
  • Once I get the hang of things, I'll be doing all kinds of things. Reading, reviewing, responding to potential clients, etc how exciting is that? And here I was thinking Literary Agents didn't do anything but get coffee and make copies? :P
  • This week Sarah sent me my first set of manuscripts! Talk about intimidating! I have already devoured one and a half of them and I just can't help but think: this is a job? People get PAID to READ? Yes. I've definitely found my future career path! Haha! 
  • Just starting out so I haven't done too terribly much yet. With Thanksgiving and the holiday season quickly approaching, I have a lot to do to catch up with all the awesome Agency-related things! Woohoo!
  • Sarah and I decided that I will be tweeting my Corvisiero experience under the hashtag '#InternEthan'. Be on the look out for all the awesome Tweets coming your way followers!
  • Each week I will be posting a recap here to let you all follow along in my Internship experience! Some weeks may be more active than others, but I'd love to have you all along for the ride. Hang on tight because big things are coming from Ethan! 

Until next time, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment