Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hexed Hearts by Becca Vincenza Review

Hey readers! Ethan here on this beautiful Thursday night to share with you another review. Tonight I'll be offering up my thoughts on one of my most anticipated reads of 2015. Spoiler alert: it's also one of my favorite reads of 2015 so far! What am I raving about? Hexed Hearts by Becca Vincenza! Before we get to my thoughts, here's a bit about the novel and our author:

Title: Hexed Hearts
Author: Becca Vincenza
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Release Date: June 8, 2015
Cover Designer: Airicka’s Mystical Creations





Colette had known all her life that she was half human and half werewolf. She had no expectations of a life filled with love and adventure.

Everything changed on her 21st birthday. A curse cast by witches centuries ago set things in motion, things she could have never imagined. A past that Colette has no clue about has come back to steal her away.

When Hunter, her destined but very unexpected mate, arrives, she is at a complete loss. She must learn to forget an old love and how to make room for a new love.

The curse is being recast and Colette must stop it in order to save the wolves, all the while finding who she really is.

This is a New Adult, there is some subject matter not suitable for those under the age of 18  




Becca Vincenza

Becca Vincenza lives in wonderful Michigan. She has a love for Skittles, rainbows, Star Wars, and reading about hot men. When she’s not wearing her author hat, she’s working to pay off her student loans for her recently acquired English degree. She recently released the two books in her Rebirth Series and is set to release the third at the end of the year.



FIND BECCA VINCENZA


*****
My Thoughts

As many of you know, paranormal is my favorite genre. As you can imagine, when it comes to my favorite genre, it takes a whole lot to impress me. In a genre where absolutely anything is possible, it takes a lot for me to get that wow factor when it comes to a paranormal read. Tie that in with my passion for the New Adult genre and you've got to have one fantastic read to impress this kid. I have to say that every time I think of New Adult Paranormal, one author comes to mind, Miss Becca Vincenza. And why's that? Well because she's the best, of course. Over the course of four novels now, Becca has continues to wow me to no end. Why should her newest novel, Hexed Hearts be any exception? It shouldn't. In fact, it's my new favorite Becca Vincenza read!

Folks this tome is massive. Over 300 pages of Becca Vincenza paranormal awesomeness. I couldn't hardly put it down. When it comes to the plot of this one, you've better hold on to your hats. Twists, turns, surprise after surprise, and enough mystery, suspense, and emotion to satisfy even the most difficult-to-please readers. Hunted by two faces for her hidden gifts, Colette is more than a little misunderstood. Having been raised by wolves her entire life, she never imagine she was actually half-witch, a paranormal anomaly. With a monumental birthday on the horizon, Colette must gather her courage for what, or who, is to come! Action packed sequences mixed with heartwarming romance, Hexed Hearts is sure to please!

I'd be lying if I said I didn't fall hard for the characters in this novel. From Colette to Hunter and Griffin, each character is written with such depth and understanding that you can't help but empathize with each of their complex issues. With each passing page we get deeper into the psyche of each character and find that we can not only feel for them, but relate to them as well. Being a New Adult isn't easy, especially when you're afflicted with a paranormal stamp on your forehead. Becca wrote her characters to be perfect representations of New Adults, but they reflect so much more than that. they're all mature beyond their years, their intelligent beyond compare, they're loyal, compassionate, and more human than we can ever hope to be. It's perfectly written characters like this that keep me begging for more. This novel had a huge cast so I can't begin to mention them all, but the secondary characters in this one were among the best I have ever seen. Each was well written with a purpose that helped to shape the incredible world Becca created.

Form the forests of Michigan to the American South to the wild Montana west, Hexed Hearts takes the readers on quite the journey. The geographic location of the novel isn't really, but after finishing the novel it was intriguing to me to notice how each setting reflected something new in Becca's story. Safety, family, isolation. I found so many metaphorical correlations between the settings of the novel and the plot line that makes me 100% sure that Vincenza knew what she was doing when she wrote this masterpiece. My inner literary nerd was beyond pleased!

So as the synopsis mentions, this is a romance. I have to say that even though I'm not one for romance, I loved the romance aspect of this book. It does have a type of love-triangle in it, but nothing like you're thinking. It's deep seeded and emotional to a fault. I really cared deeply for all of the characters involved and sincerely wished for a happy ending for all three. I very seldom find my opinions on which couple I do/don't like changing, but this novel did a completely 180 on me. By the end, I had completely changed my mind on who I wanted to be together and I loved Becca for changing my mind. It's phenomenal. There are only a few sex-sceneish moments and they were written to perfection. Nothing too much, nothing 'trashy', just love. Plain and simple. I really appreciated that.

When if comes to the paranormal element of the novel, Becca seriously killed it. I will be honest, of all the paranormal tropes, werewolves are my least favorite. I just don't really get into them as much, but after this read, they're making their way to the top of my list. It was incredible how Becca was able to tell their story to completion without having to tell me ten thousand years of lore and backstory. That gets old, quick. Becca took her own spin on the legends and ran with it, giving the genre a side I really enjoyed. As per the witch side, I enjoyed that as well. I wish there had been a bit more on the witch end, but at the same time, I loved the werewolf parts so much that the witch stuff could just disappear and I'd be just fine! In true Becca Vincenza fashion, she'd definitely reminded me how awesome paranormal can be.

Becca Vincenza has worked hard on every novel she's written and it's very obvious in the passion we see in her published novels. Over the course of four novels, Becca has secured herself a spot on my auto-buy bookshelf. I will forever hold a special place for Becca Vincenza in my bookish heart. Every time I think something can't be done, she proves me otherwise. From dragons, to sirens, to wraiths, and now werewolves, Becca Vincenza has quickly become one of my favorite names in paranormal fiction!

As you guys can see, Hexed Hearts was definitely a read that was right up my alley. I cannot say enough great things about it. With that being said, it should come as no surprise that I am granting Hexed Hearts by Becca Vincenza a near-perfect 5-star review. My favorite book of hers so far! I cannot wait to see what she does with these characters and this world in the future! A perfect read for all new adult, paranormal, and romance fans. Add this to your TBR today!

*****

Alright readers, that's all I have for you on the topic of Hexed Hearts by Becca Vincenza. As you guys can clearly see, this was definitely the read for me. I can't say enough great things! If you guys are fans of NA or the paranormal genre, I can't recommend this one highly enough. Check it out for yourself. Have you checked out Becca's other works? They're all amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment