Hey readers! Happy Wednesday! Ethan here with an extremely exciting post for you guys today! Today I am the stop on the blog tour for one of my very favorite people's, the incredible Stacey O'Neale, newest novel. What are we raving about? Under His Skin, the first novel in Stacey's newest adult paranormal romance series, Alien Encounters. Today's post will feature some promo, an exclusive interview with the author, and an amazing giveaway. Before we get to that though, here's a bit about the novel and our author:
A paranormal category romance from Entangled's Covet imprint...
Earth girls are never easy. But they're worth it.
Bakery owner Annabelle Sparks' business is booming ever since she won reality TV's Cupcake Wars. The one thing deflating her happy soufflé? The extremely sexy Kaden Chance only sees her as a best friend-and Annabelle wants so much more. After waiting a year for him recognize their chemistry, she's giving up and dating other people.
What she doesn't know is Kaden's heart doesn't actually beat. He's not human. Heck, he's not even from Earth. To retain his intergalactic immunity, no one can ever know he is an extraterrestrial. But when Annabelle starts dating, something strange happens to Kaden's unmoved heart: it begins to beat. Now he faces an impossible choice-tell Annabelle the truth and be deported-or lose his last chance at love.
Stacey O'Neale lives in Annapolis, Maryland. When she's not writing, she spends her time fangirling over books, blogging, watching fantasy television shows, cheering for the Baltimore Ravens, and hanging out with her husband and daughter. Her career in publishing started as a blogger-turned-publicist for two successful small publishers. Stacey writes young adult paranormal romance and adult science fiction romance. Her books always include swoon-worthy heroes, snarky heroines, and lots of kissing. Stacey loves hearing from readers. Follow her on Twitter @StaceyONeale, look for her on Facebook, Pinterest, and GoodReads. You can also visit her blog at http://staceyoneale.com/.
Interview with Stacey O'Neale
Thank you so much for answering these interview questions for me. You know I am a huge fan of your, so having you back on One Guy’s Guide to Good Reads is a huge honor! As your self-proclaimed biggest fan, I hope you enjoy these questions!
1. Under His Skin is your very first foray into Adult Paranormal Romance. Coming off a massively successful, award-winning YA series, Mortal Enchantment, what prompted the change?
I get book ideas in many different genres (contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi, etc.). Ideally, I’d like to be an author that writes both YA and Adult. But I sat down and wrote this one because I couldn’t get it out of my head. It was one of the easiest novels to write. I don’t know why. The concept was just very clear to me from the beginning.
2. While I’ve read several alien novels in my day, Under His Skin is among the most unique. What was your inspiration for such an original plot?
I binge watched the entire ROSWELL series in one weekend. Afterwards, I started wondering what the show would’ve been like if the characters had been adults instead of teenagers. Then I started thinking about popular movies and television shows that have featured aliens. In most cases, the aliens were running from the government or trying to destroy us all. I thought it would be fun to write a story where the aliens were actually working with the government. The story developed from there.
3. Let’s get a little awkward for a moment. Under His Skin has some straight up steamy scenes. I’ll admit, I was a little nervous about reading them since I’ve only read your YA series. Pitching towards a whole new audience of readers, how difficult (or easy) was it to write those scenes of ‘adult content’?
I was so relieved to write those scenes. LOL! As a YA author, you’re constantly treading a fine line when it comes to your characters sexuality. You don’t want to offend readers. As a Mom, I understand. That’s why I couldn’t wait to write an adult story without any limitations.
4. Today’s current readers market is perfect and prime for a novel like Under His Skin. What are some of the thoughts going through your mind with this release?
I’m just excited to get it out there to readers. I hope my MORTAL ENCHANTMENT readers will give it a chance, although I admit the books are very different. The ME series is story driven, while I think this series is character driven. And I also hope new readers discover me (and enjoy the book). That would be pretty awesome.
5. In five words or less, describe the relationship between Annabelle and Kaden.
Complicated, Passionate, Tender, Quirky, Lovely
6. What can we expect next from the mind of Stacey O’Neale? What’s the latest scoop on Eternal Sacrifice (Mortal Enchantment, #4)?
I had originally hoped to release Eternal Sacrifice in September, but when Entangled moved the released date of this novel to September 21st, I decided to move ES to December. I don’t want to saturate my audience. After I finish writing Eternal Sacrifice, I’m going to write a contemporary military romance for my agent. When that’s done, I’ll write the next book in this series.
7. If Under His Skin was set to be the next Hollywood blockbuster, who is playing Annabelle and Kaden?
My dream cast would be Tyler Hoechlin and Felicity Jones.
Random Icebreaker with Stacey O’Neale
Ha! I would be pumpkin spice because I love Fall, and will eat almost anything made of pumpkin. ;-)