Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Vampire's Dreadful Read (The Vampires of Transylvania Texas #0.5) by Piper Alexander Review

Hey readers, Happy Thursday! Ethan here with a short review for you guys that I received from a review request from a new author to the One Guy's Guide to Good Reads family that I am so excited to have connected with. You guys know how much I love a good vampire novel so this was right up my alley. On the chopping block this time? The Vampire's Dreadful Read by Piper Alexander. Here's a bit about the novel and our author before we get to my thoughts:


What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, and that’s just fine with Penny Dreadful when Sin City becomes too hot for her and her sisters because a few misguided vampire hunters think vampires are an abomination against nature. Talk about rude.

Now Penny and her sisters, Paige and Pita, along with Granny Mags, live in Transylvania, Texas, home of the oldest cemetery in the United States… and the Dreadful Inn Bed & Breakfast. Life is going pretty good for the undead foursome until the director of the city library turns up dead, with a book filled with blank pages offering the only clue.

The new sheriff is drop-dead gorgeous but he’s way out of his league when it comes to solving a supernatural murder so Penny takes it upon herself to find out who the culprit is, before the supernatural shenanigans lure the hunters to town and Penny’s new home goes up in smoke.

Along the way, she teams up with a troublesome witch with a fascination for shoestrings and learns that words can do more than hurt when a little magic is added.

Note: Vampires of Transylvania Texas is a new supernatural series filled with fun, sarcasm, adventure, and maybe just a touch of romance if Penny, Paige, and Pita play their cards right.

     

Piper Alexander

I write because Hogwarts wouldn't take me, and because the voices inside my head tell me to. I don't really want to make those voices angry. I write paranormal stories that are fun and just a little bit snarky because those are the types of stories I enjoy reading.

In addition to pleasing the voices in my head, I also enjoy spending time loyally serving my five cats, binge-watching shows on Hulu and Netflix, and eating donuts. Mmmm... donuts.

I love hearing from readers and can be reached on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011078197633
and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/paranormalpiper.

Sign up for my (no spam) mailing list to find out about new releases as soon as they become available. http://eepurl.com/bMjuJb


*****
My Thoughts:

I write this review having just finished this short, fun-filled paranormal novella and I am so excited to share my thoughts. I was kind enough to be contacted by our author looking for reviews, and as a lover of all things vampire, I couldn't say no. Clocking in at just 50-pages, this novella will fly by and leave you begging for more from debut author Piper Alexander!

Following the story of transplanted 'daughters of Dracula' Penny, Pita, and Paige as they move from the Vegas strip to small-town Texas, chaos is sure to ensue. When centuries old vampires move to the sticks in search of a calm, quiet life will the sisters be able to handle the transition? Will they, along with their human Anthony and Granny Mags be able to keep their cool and blend in, or will Transylvania, Texas get the better of them?

After the local town librarian is murdered and Anthony attacked by an unknown being, Penny and the gang jump into action to uncover the mystery before the culprit can strike again. What the discover makes then realize that small-town Transylvania may be hiding more than they ever thought! From vampires to witches and a werewolf thrown in for good measure, Alexander has crafted an incredible, fun novella that sets the stage for an awesome new paranormal series.

The writing for this one was great and Alexander has quite the style, making her work fun and witty. I could set this one down and I absolutely cannot wait for the next full novel in this series. I highly recommend this series to any fans of paranormal novels. In that same vein, I was very strongly reminded of Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls series that's a huge favorite of mine. These two series compliment each other in great ways. I highly suggest fans of Painter's series add this one to their TBR. I know we're only 50 pages into the series, but I absolutely can't wait to read more from Alexander and this series.

All-in-all I am granting The Vampire's Dreadful Read from Piper Alexander a well-earned 5-star review. Don't forget to add this one to your TBR!

*****

Alright readers, that's all I have for you on the topic of The Vampire's Dreadful Read by Piper Alexander. Definitely don't miss you chance to check out this novella for only $0.99 on Amazon. Well worth it! Already read it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment