Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Author Invasion Author Spotlight: Stacey O'Neale


Hey readers! We're nearing the end of October (my favorite month of the year), and you know what that means!? It's almost Halloween! As most of you already know, this year Christina from Lulo Fangirl and myself are co-hosting the Halloween Author Invasion event on Facebook from October 26-30! For those of you who don't know about the event, you can find out more by clicking here.



Who all is participating? Here's our amazing guest list:


Now that you guys are all FOR SURE familiar with the Halloween Author invasion, I have a fun post for you guys. To get everyone pumped about our amazing guest list, Christina and I will be featuring Author Spotlight posts for our authors to get you excited to party alongside them next week! Each post will feature the authors bio, links, and a fun exclusive Halloween-ish interview they have granted us for the event! We are so honored to have all of these amazing authors participating in our event! Are you ready to learn a little more about our line up? Here we go!

***********************************************************************************

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT 
Stacey O'Neale



Stacey O'Neale started her career in publishing as a blogger-turned-publicist for two successful small publishers. She loves to write stories with swoony paranormal heroes, snarky heroines, and lots of kissing.

When she's not writing, she loves blogging and fangirling about books on twitter. Occasionally, she leaves her computer to go outside.






Find Stacey O'Neale




I am sitting here trying to remember the first time I came into contact with Mrs. Stacey and while I can't remember an official "first contact", all I have are warm feeling. Over the past few months, I have become one of Stacey's BIGGEST fans. Stacey's debut series, Mortal Enchantment, is one of the most eye opening, original, and absolutely brilliant things I have ever read. Yes, you read that right, ever. Christina and I are both HUGE fans of Mrs. Stacey's and there is absolutely no way we could have an event and not incorporate her! If you haven't read any of Stacey's works, what are you waiting for?! Her first book, The Shadow Prince, is FREE! Check it out ASAP! Check out some of Stacey's thoughts on Halloween before her party time Wednesday night!


Halloween Spotlight Interview

What is your favorite supernatural genre (Witches, zombies, vampires, werewolves, etc) and why? 

I've always been fascinated with witches. I think it started when we learned about the Salem witch trials in school. I just couldn't believe something like that actually happened. Afterwards, I started researching. I would say I know enough about the religion (Wicca) to write a decent book, but I've never had a solid idea to go with it. 

What is your favorite horror film and/or read? 

I loved the original Scream. I'll be honest and admit I'm not big of the genre. I tend to think the stories and characters are weak. But Scream is really the exception. The dialogue, characters, and story were so right. It was perfect in my opinion.

What is your favorite Halloween costume (or your favorite that you have worn/have seen)? 

The stuff you see at Comic Con really blows Halloween right out of the water, but the best Halloween costume I've seen was a group of people who did the Scooby Doo gang. They actually won the costume contest that night. Brilliant from head to toe.

What is your favorite Halloween candy?

I like those miniature Hershey bars and flavored Tootsie Rolls. The orange and grape flavors only come out during Halloween (I think). ;-)

What is your favorite part about Halloween? 

Seeing the cute kids in costumes. Nothing beats that.

What is your favorite Halloween memory? 

Taking my daughter trick or treating for the first time. She gets so excited every year, but the first time is the one you always remember.

***********************************************************************************

Well, what do you think? Excited to hang out with Stacy O'Neale during the Halloween Author Invasion? I know we sure are!

Stacey will be taking over the event on Wednesday, October 29th!

We can't wait to see you there! Go show Mrs. Stacey some love and tell her you can't wait to party! Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Happy Reading!

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment